Thursday, February 01, 2007

Your Force To Break, Blow, Burn, and Make Me New

Strange week, in general - successful in that I had a good week with the kids while Sara was in London, but crappy because of a somewhat unhappy customer yesterday. A good balance I guess, I was really pleased that I seemed to manage my time pretty well. I had a decent amount of work to do, but got everything done when I hoped and the kids were blissfully unaware of my stress level. On the other hand I had a disturbing discussion today - I went against my better judgement & sent out something I wasn't particularly happy with & it came back to bite me on the ass. My own fault, really, and luckily it's a fixable situation, but I've been kicking myself all day. The fact that I only slept for three and a half hours last night isn't helping either, and part of my stewing over the whole situation is probably due to my pissy attitude today. Everyone needs a good kick in the ass every once in a while though, and I'm trying to keep in mind that days like these keep one from comfortably slipping down the path into mediocrity.
Aside from all of that, my drowsy spinning head has gone in all directions today. Most days, I can keep to myself for a good chunk of time if I choose to, which has made me into a bit of an introvert.... especially on days like today. Lost in thought, I stumbled around through high school and college, and for some reason wound up in an english class reading Shakespeare with Mrs Betancourt... and for the rest of my morning I was stuck with iambic pentameter in my head.... (please excuse the occasional rhythmic inversion - poetic licence, I'm tired, and you are a big dork for noticing in the first place)
To make the crab and pumpkin soup I need
My stock, a pot, an onion bag of mesh.
Pumpkin from a can? Why not, it's winter
and Bob, my produce guy, can't get them fresh.
... and on and on...

No comments:

 
Clicky Web Analytics