Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Soul Nugget

So Sara has been bothering me lately about blogging (other people have been too, but I talk to her a bit more often than, say, my sister in California) but to be honest, I don't really feel like writing every day. Some days I'm lazy, others exhausted or busy... but I've decided to try a bit harder, so here is my second post in as many days.
Oh yeah, I also have nothing new to say... so I decided to let you all in a little bit... show you a little slice of Joe.
I have this weird memory of helping my father build the fireplace/chimney in their house (not really helping, since I was 5 or 6 at the time) and hearing 'Rhinestone Cowboy' on the radio. Hate the song these days, but I can never seem to shake the memory of that tune. I have a Fine Young Cannibals song from my Julie Rohmer days, Siouxsie from high school and Concrete Blond from College - not to mention Marlaina's version of 'Walking in Memphis' - and a handful of others. Lots of songs take me back to a time, but a handful of them like these take me back to a single moment, and define a chunk of my life. There is one though, that has more of an impact on me that any other. For me, the perfect tune to round out any day, and to make me appreciate what I have and where I came from. Plus, the lyrics are timeless. So, without further ado, click the link below....


No comments:

 
Clicky Web Analytics